Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Good morning!

I've decided to open this blog to share what we're reading all the time. I know you all have at least one book going at all times and I'd like to know what it is, or they are, and how you like it/them.

I'll start. My winter reading project, which will take all winter, is Ulysses. I imagine most of you have read it and it is to be read slowly and carefully so that's how it will be. It was the same with The Alexandria Quartet, which was thoroughly enjoyable that way, through a long cold winter the warmth of it was palpable. It was like the journey it was and is, as is Ulysses.

I am also puzzling over Ian McEwan's The Comfort of Strangers. It's a very early book which is clear. It is a tour de force of sensuality and scene imagery. At half way through is puzzling but I'll stick with it and let you know.

What are you reading and how do you feel about it?

Kerry



No comments:

Post a Comment